A united Malaysian Theravāda Buddhist Community living in accordance with the Buddha’s Teachings.
To propagate the Buddha’s Teachings and promote the Buddhist Way of Life
- To unite and promote understanding among Theravāda Buddhist organisations and followers in Malaysia through common activities and fellowship programmes.
- To provide information, guidance and interpretation on Theravāda doctrines and practices among Malaysian Buddhists.
- To make public statements and influence public opinion on issues affecting the Buddhist community in general, and the Theravāda Buddhist community in particular.
- To address issues of common concern for its constituent Members, including being an agency for Members to work with Federal and State governmental agencies, as well as with other non-governmental Organisations.
- To maintain contact and enhance cooperation with international Theravāda Buddhist Councils and bodies worldwide to propagate Theravāda Buddhist teachings, practices, arts, culture and heritage.
- To publish and distribute relevant printed and multi-media resources in pursuance of its objectives.
- To appeal for, collect and receive funds and to acquire, develop, deal with and maintain facilities and property in pursuance of its objectives.