Not Too Gullible, Not Too Shrewd
English Dhamma talk by Bhante Aggacitta.
- Kalama Sutta
- “So, as I said, Kalamas: ‘Don’t go by reports, by legends, by traditions, by scripture, by logical conjecture, by inference, by analogies, by agreement through pondering views, by probability, or by the thought, “This contemplative is our teacher.” When you know for yourselves that, “These qualities are skillful; these qualities are blameless; these qualities are praised by the wise; these qualities, when adopted & carried out, lead to welfare & to happiness” — then you should enter & remain in them.’ Thus was it said. And in reference to this was it said.
- How monks are supported … “if you treat them like Kings, they will act like Kings …”
- Becoming a Monk as a livelihood?
- Investigate first before accepting the person as a teacher
- Know some basic Vinaya (monks/nuns rules)
- Helping the sasana by helping virtuous Monks
- This is true others are false …?
- EGO … Greed Hatred Delusion
- Associating with the wise
- Listen to the Dhamma
- Pay attention when listening to the Dhamma
- Put in Practice what you heard
“Walk the noble eightfold path with balanced spiritual faculties” -Bhante Aggacitta
Posted by Terence Seow